Retinal diseases represent a large group of hereditary and acquired diseases that often lead to loss of vision. There is currently no effective treatment of retinal degeneration, only supportive therapy is used for treating numerous diseases. Perspective treatment of retinal diseases represent a cell therapy using stem cells. Suitable candidates for the stem cell therapy are mesenchymal stem cells due to their differentiating properties, protective effect and also immunomodulation.
- Perspects of the Cell Therapy in Ophthalmology 1. Use of Stem Cells in the Regeneration of Damaged Ocular Surface
- Perspects of the Cell Therapy in Ophthalmology. 2. The Potential of Stem Cells of Retinal Diseases Treatment
- Clinical Manifestation of Experimental Autoimmune Uveitis
- Ocular Cicatricial Pemphigoid – a Retrospective Study
- Active Clinical Trials Testing New Therapies for Stargardt Disease
- Optic Disc Drusen and their Complications
- Bilateral Macular Edema on a Background of Optic Disc Drusen